Thursday, May 5, 2011

WHERE FOR ART THOU SEASONS?

I feel very different as each season kicks in, I have a definate love/hate relationship with Winter, I feel whimsical at the onset of Spring and Summer I'm probably at my peaceful peak.

I thought I'd share my seasonal moods through various artworks.


AUTUMN

Autumn is the only season where there is a change in something tangible, the leaves change colour and fall off the trees and we all know its Autumn. Maybe when the seasons merge even more we will call the season No Leaves.

Georgia Okeefe painted Pedernal My Front Yard Autumn 1941 many years before I was born, even with all the weather changes since it still perfectly sets my Autumn tone.



WINTER

In Winter my head feels heavier. Is it full of stormy seas or just a bad curly hair day? The weather is a bit smudgy and all over the place.
I love thinking that this beauty doesn't even need an umbrella.

Albin Brunovsky, worked from 1955 - 1990. Check to here his other works.


SPRING

Dutch Artist Santtu Mustonen captures my springtime awakening with all his colour and texture.
It feels like something great is about to happen and that there is still dirt and grit underneath all this sunshine. More amazing awakenings here.


SUMMER
The gush of Summer is the reward I get for all the dark clothes and endless nights in during the Winter.
Summer joy is not having to check the weather report because you just know the sun will shine in heady warmth tomorrow.

Matthew Brandt's photography is the perfect mix of old and new, I love the way his recent portraits have the esscence of the 1800's as opposed to the vintage 60's- esque you often see. This series 'Lakes and Reservoirs' feels like the sun was so hot it burnt the image and maybe even the artist's picnic lunch.
See more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment